To enroll at Mt. Greenwood school you must have the following items as to not delay the process.
If transferring from outside of CPS, an Illinois Good Standing form along with a transfer from their previous school.
The most recent report card along with any standardized test to ensure the child is accurately placed.
Proof of age
Includes, but is not limited to, any ONE of the documents listed below:
- Child’s birth certificate
- Child’s baptismal record
- Court documents
- Medical record
Proof of current address
Includes, but is not limited to, any THREE of the documents listed below:
- Current utility bill
- Illinois driver’s license or State of Illinois identification card
- Employee identification number
- MediPlan/Medicaid card
- Court documents
- Illinois Department of Public Aid card
- Stamped United States Post Office change of address form
- Illinois state aid check/social security check
Children are encouraged to submit their required immunizations and physicals prior to the start of the school year and no later than October 15, 2008, or they will face expulsion from school.
Physical examination requirements - All students must have a physical examination within one year of:
- entering schools in the State of Illinois for the first time, at any grade level
- entering kindergarten or 1st grade, 6th grade, and 9th grade (ages 5, 10, 15 for ungraded programs)
- entering preschool, up to age 6 (physical exam and lead screenings)
- Diptheria, Pertussis (Whooping Cough), Tetanus (DTP/Td)
- Inactivated Polio
- Hepatitis B
- Varicella (Chicken Pox)
- Haemophillus Influenza, Type B (HIB)
All students in Kindergarten, 2nd, and 6th grade must have a dental exam completed by a licensed dentist prior to May 15th of the current school year.
If you want more details about the immunization requirements, or if you have questions, first call your local school nurse or the Office of Coordinated School Health (773) 553-1830.